Sewing

Lemon Gable Dress

7FCC4631-4F3F-4F9C-9AC1-33027D0D1083

I am very happy with my new Jennifer Lauren Gable dress! In fact, I made two! The other one is made in a grey Mickey Mouse fabric for my upcoming trip to Disney World that I’m sure I’ll share soon.I found this fabric at Joann’s. I apparently have a thing for lemon print fabric! It just feels so summery! I made a Rosie dress and a New Look jumpsuit in lemon print fabric last year. I found it to be a really nice quality and not too thin. This fabric also came in a yellow and white stripe that I picked up, too.

6F29440F-A418-4BD7-ACA8-37BD2A73825DE285A5AB-B293-4DCE-9F98-8371CAEDD27E

This was a quick and pretty easy sew. Tilly and the Buttons Coco is probably my favorite pattern for a knit dress but this one is a close second! I was very disappointed with the neckline fit in my Colette Moneta dresses so I was glad to try out another knit dress pattern with a gathered waist. The only issue I have is that the neckline is a little too high. The pattern does say to try on the dress before topstitching it down to make any adjustments. Of course I did not do this so it’s my own fault! It’ll be a quick fix, though.

I definitely see more Jennifer Lauren Gables in my future! I’m sure I’ll be making the long sleeve version later this year. 8545D08C-E3EB-41FB-A420-3432A8B3B991

Outfit · Sewing

Jennifer Lauren Pippi Pinafore

95876390-6B06-4C0B-ABF2-3D8AFB8735B0

B5EDF10B-B050-4B75-B947-316A4173CC7B3686A3B4-888B-4847-94BC-ED17FA369CCD3A9914C3-E7D0-4DB6-B734-BE79C1775E7D

I’ve had this project cut out since August or September and I’m so happy I finally got around to making it! The Pippi Pinafore is an overall dress with a fitted bib, patch pockets on the skirt and button fastenings on one side. I made it out of Marc Jacobs cotton velvet that I splurged on when I was at Mood fabrics in NYC over the summer. I’m pretty sure I only bought one yard so I managed to squeeze this pattern out of that! I’m really happy with the finished garment. I made it over a few evenings after work. It came together easily. The hardest part to me was attaching  the button placket and facing but the illustrations make it easy to figure out. For the straps, you can use hardware or you can use buttons. I opted for buttons. I think the construction is very clever- using a button hole on the bib to pass the strap through and up to fasten. This pattern is a winner to me. I’d love to make a solid linen one for the spring/ summer!

Outfit · Sewing

Jennifer Lauren Ivy Pinafore

39256CAD-1B3F-4DFC-814C-614372CDDE4332F11735-5D5E-400E-9E47-92C2F1BC6435

I just love my Jennifer Lauren Ivy Pinafore! I made it out of this beautiful pink corduroy I bought at a local store and lined it with a pink poly blend I thrifted! This is View 2 which is a slimmer fit. I also have View 1 cut out which is an A-line style tent. This pinafore came together nicely. My edge foot on my machine got a lot of use with all of the top stitching! I cut out a size 6 but I definitely should have went with the 8. It fit as a 6 but it was a bit snug.  I was concerned about wearing it with heavier layers and also getting it on/ off! I ended up opening up the bust and lessened my seam allowance. Thankfully I hadn’t cut it off yet! I’ll have to do the same when I make up View 1. I’m a little pinafore obsessed at the moment. I have several styles cut out and plan on wearing them all the time this fall! This pattern is definitely a winner and bonus- it has pockets!

6AD21703-E86D-4AAD-A969-E00C35C21B9F

D333663F-23BD-41EC-8A6C-FAC908EB23DB