Hello! I’ve made three pairs of shorts over the past month or so. I thought I’d do a little series of them on here over the next week with pattern reviews. We finally had a few warm days so I was able to wear them and photograph them. Unfortunately its back to being cold again.
Pattern: Seamwork Weston shorts
Were they easy to make? Yes!
Pattern Adjustments? I made no adjustments.
Fit? I made the size 0 and the fit is perfect for me.
Fabric choice? I used Cotton and Steel X Rifle Paper Co Herb Garden Canvas (which appears to be sold out now). I am thrilled with my choice! The canvas wasn’t as heavy as I thought it was going to be. It’s so comfortable to wear and was very easy to work with.
Anything to watch out for? Zipper placement. The instructions and illustrations could have been more helpful. I’m honestly not sure if I did it correctly but it works, so thats good enough for me.
Would you make it again? Yes! It’s a great basic high waisted shorts pattern.
I’m finally posting about this dress! I asked Tilly about a top she was wearing in one of her Instagram stories and she let me know it would be a pattern in her new book Stretch- the Freya with added ruffle. I already couldn’t wait for it’s release and now I REALLY couldn’t wait! I made the dress the day after I received the book. It’s the only thing I’ve made from Stretch so far but I have a Joni dress cut out and ready to be sewn.
I made the dress with a Cotton and Steel knit I had in my stash. It came together really quickly and it’s so comfy to wear! I can’t wait to make more versions.
Hello! I didn’t mean to go so long without a post. I’ve been busy sewing but it’s hard to photograph spring/ summer clothes with a foot of snow outside. It’s finally starting to feel a little bit like spring so I headed outside yesterday. I made this Nina Lee Bloomsbury blouse and was happy to finally wear it! I must have made this at least a month ago but I remember it coming together easily.
I bought the pdf file and printed it at home. I opted for the thicker ruffle and decided to forgo the neck and sleeve ruffle. I had an old kit to do fabric covered buttons and I’m so glad I used it! I was one short so I used an old blue covered button I had in my stash for the top closure. The fabric is Cotton and Steel X Rifle Paper Co and it’s so pretty! I knew I had to use it for this blouse when I spotted it at a local fabric shop.
I made the smallest size and am happy with the fit. I’m just not thrilled about the gaping hole in the upper back. You can see it above. I might add another button or some kind of closure there. I hope to make this again! I saw a sleeveless version and a dress version online so I’m thinking maybe a sleeveless dress for summer?! This was my first Nina Lee pattern and I’m sure I’ll be getting another. Perhaps the Kew dress that’s so popular!
Hello! I just wanted to pop on here to share my first make of 2018- my second Seamwork Astoria in this gorgeous Cotton and Steel jersey knit. I loved the pattern and colors in this fabric. Whenever I find a knit with a print I love, I just have to buy some. I also purchased another Cotton and Steel knit that is white with black stars. I have two yards and haven’t decided what to use it for yet. Suggestions welcome!
I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I still love this pattern but I made this one a couple inches longer to make it wearable with my jeans. The first one I made has to be worn with my high waisted skirts or it’s too revealing. It’s been so cold lately that it’s made taking pictures outside nearly impossible. I’ll hopefully get some better pictures of this soon. I have something else I want to pair this top it with! (I just have to make it first…)