Outfit · Sewing

Tilly and the Buttons Arielle Skirt

74AF8A88-5101-461E-997D-0EED673342B9478ABAB6-8475-4066-88CA-C5CD750F3D16

932147BC-DD75-4C88-B573-464D010CF817

My final project of 2018! This was a bit of a spontaneous make. Ive been holding on to a vintage skirt my friends mother had given me with a bunch of other clothes. She told me I could do whatever I wanted with them. The skirt was a pleated midi. It wasn’t really my style and it was too big. I absolutely loved the green velvet fabric though and realized there was enough fabric to make something new out of it! I was eyeing the Tilly and the Buttons Arielle skirt and thought it would be a great pattern for this. I bought the pdf and printed it Saturday night and made the skirt on Sunday. This pattern is great. Everything came together beautifully. Since this was a spontaneous make and I didn’t have any lining fabric on hand, I went for the unlined version. As I said in my last post, I want to slow down with my sewing. Normally I would have just serged my raw edges but I found some bias tape in my stash and took the time to sew it in. My stitching is less than perfect (the bias tape was a little thin for this fabric) but I still am really pleased with how it looks. To finish it off, I covered some buttons with the fabric. The only thing I might change is moving the placement of the buttons out a little bit. I marked the wrong edge when I tried the skirt on.

8E0313A2-5B5C-47BA-A25D-5D3012F763F9

Happy New Year! Thank you for following along on my sewing journey.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s