I’ve had this project cut out since August or September and I’m so happy I finally got around to making it! The Pippi Pinafore is an overall dress with a fitted bib, patch pockets on the skirt and button fastenings on one side. I made it out of Marc Jacobs cotton velvet that I splurged on when I was at Mood fabrics in NYC over the summer. I’m pretty sure I only bought one yard so I managed to squeeze this pattern out of that! I’m really happy with the finished garment. I made it over a few evenings after work. It came together easily. The hardest part to me was attaching the button placket and facing but the illustrations make it easy to figure out. For the straps, you can use hardware or you can use buttons. I opted for buttons. I think the construction is very clever- using a button hole on the bib to pass the strap through and up to fasten. This pattern is a winner to me. I’d love to make a solid linen one for the spring/ summer!